26 January 2016

My Past Crochet Designs

It seems that you cannot escape your past.

Five years ago I designed crochet patterns and offered them for free on Ravelry. For those of you who are not familiar with Ravelry, it is an online community for knitters and crocheters.

Back then, I designed three patterns for fingerless mitts. I called them Victorian Texting Gloves, Regency Texting Gloves, and Medieval Texting Gloves.

When I was laid off from my job in 2013, my life took a completely different direction. I was no longer in the business of designing crochet patterns, which was always just a hobby. My mind turned to more serious things, and I took some freelance jobs as a proofreader, while working a part time job. Eventually, that led me into writing novels. And I think I was meant to do that all along—write.

These days I crochet a lot less, and I don’t design patterns at all. There just isn’t enough time for everything.

But . . . requests for these crochet patterns keep popping up.

People track me down though my blog or Facebook or Google+ or wherever and ask if I am the person who designed the Victorian Texting Gloves pattern.

Well, I am, and I have decided to offer the pattern here on my blog for anyone who wants it.

It is a simple pattern, written for beginners.

I don’t quite get all the fuss over this pattern, but later in the week, I will post it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment