This weekend I was finally able to paint my father's desk. I took the desk home with me in April after my father passed away, and I have been waiting patiently to refinish it and make it my own. So, on Saturday the weather cooperated, my husband cooperated, and my body cooperated, and I was able to paint it. The paint I used was from Velvet Finishes. I actually combined two colors to get the medium green I was looking for, and in case you're curious, I combined Enchanting (a kelly green) with Luxurious (black) to get the shade I wanted.
Here is the before . . .
Here is the after . . .
This "after" photo was taken while the second coat was drying.
I can't say enough good things about Velvet Finishes. Everything they claim on their website is true. It dried quickly. There was no harsh smell. And it didn't streak! I am really pleased with it and can't wait to show all of you when it is in its place in the house and in use. Right now it is in my living room until I move and shift some things around. I ordered a special drawer knob to go with the theme. Yes, my desk has a theme, and I will share that theme with you as soon as it is decorated.
I have also been working hard on Incorruptible. At the last count, the manuscript is 92,500 words. I still have a bit of the story to go, but the first draft is near completion.