01 November 2016

A New Project

Most people who know me know that, besides writing, I also like to crochet. I have been crocheting since I was a child, but my crochet skills really grew in my thirties when I decided to learn thread crochet to make my own doilies. That's when things really took off, and I began reading patterns. Once you learn the basics and learn how to read patterns, you can crochet just about anything.

Now that writing has just about taken over all my free time, I rarely crochet anymore. Once in a while, though, I do get the urge to make something, and usually that happens around this time--right before winter. It's nice to have a project to work on during the cold winter months when I am curled up in front of the television. I get a lot of crocheting done in front of the television.

Well, I am going to start a new project, but it is not a crochet project. 

What a lot of people don't know about me is that I can also do cross stitch. I will admit. It is not my favorite thing to do. I prefer crochet over cross stitch. However, if a project is truly motivating, I will break down and do a cross stitch pattern. I have found that very project.

I recently purchased a cross stitch pattern on Etsy, and I am gearing up to begin the project this weekend. I won't tell you what the project is yet. I will just say it fits into the theme of my writing desk. Once my desk is in place, I will hang my framed cross-stitch project on the wall above it.

Of course, that doesn't mean my writing will be put on the back burner. In fact, my writing is increasing. I am at the point in my current WIP where I have hit the stage of obsession. What does that mean? It means I am almost finished with the first draft and my momentum is increasing. I need to finish, and I can't really rest until I do. 

So hopefully, I will be able to balance my writing with my stitching.

And an update on my giveaway on Goodreads . . . As of today 90 people have entered the giveaway to receive a free, signed copy of Vocation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment