25 July 2017

Time, We Ought to Use It Wisely

It’s funny how time can pass, but then it seems like no time has passed at all.” That is a quote taken from my second novel, Vocation. The speaker is Bridget Landry, and she is commenting on a reunion with a friend from her past.

Bridget Landry has a lot in common with her author, and I imagine this is what it will be like, if and when, we make it to heaven. It will be as if time has passed in the blink of an eye. After all, there is no time in eternity.

I had breakfast with a friend this past Saturday. She and I have a lot in common, and we haven’t seen each other in a very long time. I’m guessing it’s been close to two years. The conversation was good, the food was good, and the company was good. But, more than anything was the good feeling that came from being with someone who wanted to share her time with me. 

Time is a rare commodity these days, and soon it will pass away.

I’m reaching the age now where I begin to wonder where has all the time gone. I imagine time flies more quickly when you have more time behind you than in front of you. But then again, none of us really knows how much time we have left.

Lesson learned: time is precious, we ought to use it wisely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment