18 July 2017

What's It All About--Branding (Part 2)

My plan for Part 2 of my discussion on branding was to explain my own branding and how it came about. Then I got to thinking . . . shouldn’t my brand speak for itself? I mean, isn’t that the point of branding in the first place? Isn’t it supposed to communicate on its own? So, I thought better of the whole idea. If I have to explain my branding, then it’s actually a failure. Some things are better left unsaid. 

So, I guess I will give an update on book 3. I don’t imagine it will be published until next year some time. I am still working on the story, but I am almost finished correcting the plot problems. After that, it will need a final edit by me before I send it off for the final edits and proofreading.

My next task is to get moving on the cover. I have the graphic, but with this novel I am going to a professional cover designer. I am planning to have her design the cover for Incorruptible and maybe redesign the covers for A Future Spring and Vocation to match—again, that pesky branding.  When all that is done, I can look to book 4.

That’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment